At Zion we have many opportunities to serve our congregation and community. Come back here to find ways that you can help!
(POSTPONSED DUE TO COVID-19)– Help serve cookies and coffee between services during our weekly education hour.
- Need: 5-6 Servers bring 1 dozen treats, server coffee and cleanup.
- Commitment: Arrive before first service (8:30am) to start the coffee pot and layout treats; serve treats during education hour and cleanup.
Be a welcoming presence as worshippers arrive for Worship (wave, cheer, holding signs, etc.) and help direct everyone to maintain the 6 foot social distance directive. Doors from the parking lot will be propped open until service begins for touch-less entry. Families with children and individual adults are all welcome to participate in this ministry (youth must participate with a parent).
- Need: 2-3 Welcome Team Volunteers per Worship service.
- Commitment: Arrive 30 minutes before Worship; finish 10 minutes after Worship starts.
Help manage the flow of people coming through the entrances to help maintain social distancing inside the building, making sure everyone is wearing a facemask and distributing facemasks to those who do not have one, helping people find a place to sit and assisting with dismissal after the service is over, monitoring the restroom doors (upper level only) to help with appropriate social distancing.
When worshippers arrive direct them to proceed directly into the sanctuary and help them find a place for their family to sit. They should not wait for loved ones in the Entryway/Gathering Area.
Visiting and greeting one another must be done outside, observing appropriate social distancing. Greet with a friendly wave, a head nod, a smile (when facemasks go away).
- Need: 5 Host Team Volunteers per Service
- Commitment: Arrive 30 minutes before Worship, finish approximately 10 minutes after Service has ended
After each Service (Saturday 6:00 pm – Team A; Sunday 9:30 am – Team B) thoroughly sanitize the worship space, entryways, doors and restrooms (only upstairs restrooms will be available for use.)
Need: 4-6 Cleaners per team
Tasks Include: After each Service (Saturday 6:00 pm – Team A; Sunday 9:30 am – Team B) thoroughly sanitize the worship space, entryways, doors and restrooms (only upstairs restrooms will be available for use.)